Wednesday, April 27, 2011

How to make a picture enlarge when you click on it in Blogger.

I have FINALLY figured it out! It's taken me a few years.........

When I post pictures on my blog sometimes when you'd click on them they'd enlarge, sometimes they wouldn't. Sometimes only one would enlarge and then another wouldn't. It would drive me CRAZY loco. I couldn't figure out why.

Until now.... dun, dun, dunnnnn

When you start a post and you download pictures, click on the edit Html tab and download your pictures in the Html tab and not the Compose tab.

For example:

This picture was downloaded in Compose mode.This same picture was downloaded in Html mode.

When you click on the pictures you will notice that only the one that was posted in Html mode will enlarge.

One thing that I have also noticed is that once you post a picture in Html mode and you want to move it, you have to move it while in Html mode (by cutting and pasting). If you click on the compose tab and after you downloaded your picture in html mode and move it, for some reason it won't enlarge.

For example: I downloaded this picture in Html mode, then clicked on the compose tab to move it down here on the page, and now it won't enlarge. ???

Don't ask me, I don't get it. I just know that it doesn't work. So stay in Html mode and download and move your pictures around. If you download them in the order that you want them to go on your post, it helps. I find it hard to distinguish where one picture Html code ends and where one starts. So I download them in the order I want them in. (Of course you have to work backwards in your downloading. The first picture you download gets pushed to be the last picture, so start with the last picture you want to be posted on your post and work backwards.)

YOU CAN, however, jump back to the compose tab and put your text in if you want and it won't mess up your picture enlarging capabilities.

I figured this tidbit of info out when I posted my last two posts here and here. The first post I used the Html tab when downloading my pics, and the 2nd post I used the compose tab.

Hallelujah! The mystery has been solved. At least I think it has. It seems to work.....

*Edited to note:  Blogger has now added a feature that when you download pictures it gives you the option to make your picture small, large, x-large, etc. on your posts, and when a viewer clicks on the picture it takes them to another viewing page allowing them to view the picture in the size that was chosen.  I no longer do my pictures the way I blogged about in this post.  I now just use the new blogger picture format and choose the picture size I want. 

16 comments:

brittanydaw said...

Hey there girlie, I can't remember how I found your blog, but is it okay if I stalk you now?
So glad you explained this! My mom is always asking me to email me photos, and I wish she could just get them off my blog. Now she can!

khepworth said...

Stalk on Brittany! I may or may not already be stalking your blog. :)

Megan B ♥ said...

Let me know if you would like to know a quick and easy way to enlarge them on the face of your page. I used to do it a LONG and painful way, but now I am doing it a faster way that I learned a few months ago! You certainly have the margins for bigger photos, LOL!

Megan B ♥ said...

I actually did not know this about the compose mode and this will be very helpful for when I DO NOT want things enlarged!!!! THANK YOU!!

Diane W said...

I have been trying to figure out how to make a picture bigger when the reader clicks on it all morning! So glad I found your blog!

chiefbellevue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynn said...

Hi there, the picture you used is downloaded from internet.
But what if the picture that I wanna enable click-to-enlarge is my own picture, what should I do?

khepworth said...

Lynn, the picture that I used is my picture, not a picture off the internet. Even if you use a picture from the internet, and you save it in your picture folder and you followed what I wrote it should still work. Blogger now has added a feature that when you download a picture it actually gives you the option to make your pictures large, x-large, etc. So you don't have to do it the old way anymore (the way I explained in my post). And when you click on the picture it takes you to a whole other picture viewing page.

chiefbellevue-if you don't want a picture to enlarge don't do it in html format, do it in compose. But now that blogger has their new feature when you download pictures, just click on the small image option.

Hope that helps :) kanani

Judit Gueth said...

Wow, it actually did work. Thanks for sharing.

Kristina B. said...

Thank you for this, it was driving me bonkers!!

Linda said...

Thank you soooooooo much! I used to work in html mode more, but now I work mostly in "Compose." I know i'd done it before, but just now I wasn't able to figure out. Now I know why! it was DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!

Licias Wanga said...

You are so awesome, I feel so good.

Leslie Lim said...

It is great to have the opportunity to read a good quality article with useful information on topics that plenty are interested on.

www.imarksweb.org

GMTE Girl said...

Thank you so much for posting this up and explaining to me.

Minerva Bay Traders said...

I cannot thank you enough for this post!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you....to infinity! :)

Kent and TerriLyn said...

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...