Thursday, March 15, 2012

{Best Bread Yet}

I was giddy with excitement when my bread came out of the oven. For the first time ever since I've made bread, this is by far my best looking/tasting bread yet. Although it isn't quite the texture that I am looking for, it wasn't bad. I'm searching for a good sandwich bread. One that my kids can spread peanut butter on and not have the bread break apart. I would bake bread every week if I could find the perfect sandwich bread. My kids bring their lunch to school everyday. If I could find a good bread, I could save me some "dough" (I'm funny, I know), and wouldn't have to buy it.
I used this recipe and got a really awesome tip from it. Most recipes say to let your dough rise or double in size. To ensure that it has doubled in size, put your dough to rise in a straight sided upright container with snap on lid. Take a sharpie or a piece of tape and mark where your dough is and where it will be when it doubles in volume. BRILLIANT! I used a Rubbermaid Servin' Saver 5.0 L/21 Cups Tupperware container that I had. The perfect size for this recipe. When it was time to take the dough out, I just tipped it upside down and shook it out. Came out with no problems.

So my search will continue for the perfect sandwich bread. Until then I think this is my goto bread recipe.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...