Sunday, October 2, 2011

{Confrence}

It has been a relaxing weekend. The house is clean, and we just chilled and watched confrence. I forced the boys to watch the Saturday sessions. They didn't fight me as bad as I thought they would. They were super excited to hear that there was going to be a temple built in Star Valley, WY. Just having returned from there for our family reunion, they are very familiar with the place. Isaac immediately grabbed the phone to call Kurt at work to tell him the news. They were also excited to hear that Provo would be getting a new temple too.

For the Sunday sessions I pulled out my secret weapon as the boys weren't as into it as I wanted them to be. I had a big bag of Tuti Fruity's. As the speaker would talk I would ask questions, "What is he talking about," "What is his name," "What color was the last speakers shirt," etc.. Seriously, I couldn't believe how well this worked. They wanted the candy, and in order to get it they had to answer my questions. Worked like a charm! We also got some confrence bingo sheets from our home teacher. This worked really well too. I didn't think it would, but it worked for a good 4 or 5 talks.

As always the talks were invigorating and rejuvinating. We've had a nice, relaxing Sunday. As I type this, I am waiting for our dinner to finish cooking. I always look forward to conference and hearing our Prophet speak. I am truly blessed to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...