Tuesday, May 17, 2011

On the agenda for today

{Gavin & Eli's Room}



We're in the process of painting Gavin and Eli's room.




I picked the color scheme for this room, and opted for dark navy blue on the bottom half of the wall and white on the top half. I am a little nervous as this room isn't that big, and painting navy blue could shrink the room even more. But I love the color combo. So I'm going for it!




Here the wall is prepped for an orange stripe that will go around the perimeter of the room. The green is tape, not paint. Although, I am liking the navy blue/green combo. I've said it once, and I'll say it again, "Just spend the two extra bucks and buy the green Frog tape." It's totally worth it. Stripes are kind of a pain to do.




I Got the orange stripe done on half of the room. While I like it, it feels too grown up for my little guys.


I've decided to go with my original plan and put up a white chair rail. It will make it a little more formal, and will still feel like a little boys room. That's what I want. I will save the stripe for Owen and Isaac's room.


I'm off to buy/paint some chair rail. It's a perfect, gloomy, raining day to do so!

1 comment:

Taylor's said...

Oooo . . . I love it! I see your point about being grown up though - but it is awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...