Friday, September 17, 2010

Pneumonia, who knew?

I finally drove Owen and myself to the doctor, only to have my suspicions confirmed.
"Yep, you've got pneumonia. Both of you."

In the last 14 days, I have been in bed for 11 of them. It didn't start out as pneumonia, but as a cold; which put me out for 4 days. Just when I thought I was over my cold, I was hit hard with a whole new onset of sickness. I was feverish and malaise. I went to bed Saturday night and am still in the same bed (almost 1 week later) as I type this.

Kurt's Mom heard the news and hopped in a car and came down to rescue me. She is so great at doing that. And the thing is, you know she really wants to come and help.

We are on the mend, and the antibiotics are strong and are working well. I can tell a big difference. Owen should be back to school by Monday, and hopefully I will be up and functioning on my own by then. I am trying to get as much rest as I can until Sunday when Kurt's Mom has to leave.

On a positive note: I've lost some weight since I've been sick. I'm not complaining about that.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...