Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I feel inclined to expound on the pictures posted below in my last post.

These are not just some random, ugly pictures of my husband with a pair of pantyhose on his head. How many men do you know that would go out of their way to make storytelling time a memory one will never forget?

When we had all of the cousins sleeping over a couple of weeks ago it was storytelling time, and Uncle Bingo is one to never disappoint. Uncle Bingo is what all the little wee ones call my man. Why Uncle Bingo? Because Uncle Bingo is the Uncle that Everybody loves. He's the fun one, and always has a trick up his sleeve.

Here he is showing all the kids the same magic trick that he's showed them a hundred times. No matter how many times they've seen it, they never tire of it. Little do they know, the answer to the question they are all dying to know "how did you do that?" is right under that sleeve of white paper.

Anyways, back to my story of the ugly pictures of my husband with a pair of pantyhose on his head.....

"Just one more story", all the wee ones shouted. "No! it's time for bed", Uncle Bingo replied.

"Hey Kanan-I need a pair of your pantyhose. I'm really going to get the kids with this one. No-are you going to ruin them? Just find me a pair, as he's rummaging through my drawer."

Just as the disappointment was settling in, there was a knock on the bedroom door. Come in they all shouted. Into the dark room entered a person all dressed in black. Just as the whispers were coming to a lull, on clicked Uncle Bingo's flashlight lighting up his distorted looking face. A screaming and crying little Gavin b-lined it out the door into my arms. Loud screaming took place for the next 45 seconds. After a tough older cousin loudly pointed out that it was just Uncle Bingo, everyone settled down for the story he was about to embark upon. Wide eyed and jumpy, everyone listened with great intensity. Of course it ended up being a funny story so as to put any fears of the ugly boogie man to rest.

And thus it is how the ugly pictures of my husband wearing a pair of my pantyhose on his head came about. Gotta love that Uncle Bingo.

1 comment:

Meridee said...

You guys have to be the coolest couple I know. It's a privelage to be friends with you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...