Wednesday, October 1, 2008

**Update

Today is a good day. I have officially been out and about walking. Although my back is still tender, I have been out of the house. I try to clean what I can. It's mostly things that I can do standing up. Anything that requires bending over I just leave, and my good husband takes care of what I can't. I am limited on what I can do and it does hurt to sit for long periods of time, but I am definitely on the mend. My back feels 100 times better than it did the day I hurt it. HALLELUJAH! and thank you Motrin.

Kurt is doing well. Life if normal, and although his encounter with Bell's Palsy is somewhat of a setback, he is optimistic and hopeful that it will pass. For most people Bell's Palsy is temporary. It can take months to get back to normal though. It is different with each person, and there is no cure. The doctors can't do much for you either. You just have to ride it out. He isn't in pain or anything, it's just awkward, especially when eating, brushing his teeth, or smiling. Luckily, so far, he looks pretty normal (and HOT as ever, I might add). If you were to look at him you probably wouldn't notice. It's when he talks that you could tell. It sounds as if he just got back from the dentist. Hopefully this is the worst of his encounter. Time will tell.

8 comments:

Brittany Kaaiakamanu said...

Did Kurt see a Dr. or does he just think that he has it? I hope you get feeling better. Its hard to be sick and take care of the kids, house, etc.

Christie said...

Sheesh & I thought I had a bad week! I hope you guys take er easy for awhile:)

Steph said...

So I have a lot of experience with back issues if you need me to come over and show you some great back exercises and give you my super secret back pain medicine coctail...

Nelson said...

Goodness sakes girl! You have been through so much. I'm relieved to hear that you are doing better.
Just wanted to invite you guys to the Sock Hop. The info is on my blog.

BRIAR said...

You are killing me right now!!
I am so sorry about your back. And I am so sorry to hear about Kurt. Do you really think it is Bells Palsy? My aunt has it. 15 years ago she tried to wink at her little boy and couldn't. That is how it all started. The whole side of her face was paralyzed and caused tons of problems. It was awful. I hope you are both feeling better soon!

khepworth said...

Britt K: Kurt went to a dr. yesterday and was diagnosed. Got prescribed some prednizone (sp.) He now is getting sharp pains behind his right ear....

Steph: My back is all but back to normal. It starts to ache when I sit in one position for a long time tho. No medicine coctails for me.

Katie: We will look into your Sock Hop. Sounds like a great thing.

Briar: Does your Aunt still have BP. Has it gone away at all?

BRIAR said...

She still has a little of a "droopy eye." I just saw her last night, I should have asked her. Back then, they had to sew her left eye shut because she couldn't blink it and it would dry it out. It has come back slowly. If you want, I can talk to her about it. . .but until then. . .get that boy into a doctor!

emily b. said...

That sucks! I am so sorry to hear about your back. I haven't up-to-dated on anyone lately, so I'm sorry I'm so behind. I'm glad the pain is finally subsiding- back pain is not fun- I know. Also, I'm glad Kurt is getting some doc help. I've been on prednizone before too- hopefully it will help.
Let me know if there is anything I can do...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...