Sunday, June 8, 2008

Proud Parent Moment

Last week, Isaac insisted that we delay our Idaho trip a few hours so that we could attend his "Author's Night" at his school. We rushed over so we could get out of there and on the road to Rexburg asap. While there I was delighted to be presented with a book he wrote, typed and illustrated all by himself. It took him 2 months to complete it. It was a book about ocean animals. He did a fabulous job! Anyone who reads it always comments and says, Wow, I didn't know that sharks don't sleep, Or Wow, I didn't know that Octopi have beaks to crack open shells.
It is rather informative.

The front cover of his book.



However, on the first page where he tells about himself, I found this little gem:

My name is Isaac H......
I was born on.......
I am in the ........grade
My favorite food is......
My favorite color is.......
My favorite things to do are.....
I have 2 brothers and 1 sister.

WHAT? 2 brothers and 1 sister?? I asked him-1 sister??? You don't have a sister. He smiled and shrugged his shoulders. No I am not making any announcements here. I think he may know something I don't......

A page from his book.


Now for the Proud Parent moment.

His teacher was going off about how much she loves Isaac and how great of a student he is, and how she wishes she could take him home with her. And then she says: And you wouldn't believe how well he did on the PALS test (tests that they do at the end of the year to see where/how each child is doing academically). Isaac tested out at a 5th grade reading and comprehensive level. I have never had a student test this high in the first grade.

5th Grade! I was beaming with proudness! I knew he was a good reader, but now I know just how good. He reads everyday and because of his hard work he won 2 free nights at the Radison Hotel downtown SLC, a contest they did in their class. It was totally worth the delay in getting to rexburg before midnight.

7 comments:

Meridee said...

Way to go little dude!

Michelle Hepworth said...

Darn I really thought that was an announcement! You need a little girl! what a smart little boy! I tested out in the 5th grade reading level when I was a senior in high school! jk but I think it was that bad! So that is great for him. Nice job!

The Kraus House said...

That is awesome what a fetchin stud muffin. If Ella and Issac ended up together their kids would be crazy smart. ha ha. We might come a vacation in slc this weekend.

luv nat

Rochelle said...

Wow! I would be bursting with pride as well. Way to go!
If you see Kade and Natalie, tell them that Isaac is going to marry Katelyn. sorry! ;)

Danielle said...

cool beans

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO ISAAC!! We are very proud of you!

Carpenter Fam

Brittany Kaaiakamanu said...

Hey Kanani,
I just started a blog for vince and I so you should come visit. vinceandbrittk.blogspot.com
Britt

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...