Friday, February 1, 2008

Flashback Friday-She Devil

It was 2 Sundays ago, and it was 7 a.m. The alarm clock was blaring that obnoxious high pitched, never ending beeping noise. As I slithered out of bed and tried to compose my limp body, I tell Kurt to get up and get ready for church. I staggard my way to the bathroom, took a shower and began to get ready so I could be on time, as it was my day to conduct in Primary.

As I was getting ready the 3 ravenous beasts emerged from the depths of deep slumber demanding to be fed. Naturally I feed them. Once they ate, I demanded that these beasts get in the tub to rid themselves of the dirt and grime from the previous day. Once in the water, they played like brothers should. It wasn't long until the brotherly love turned into brotherly hatred. Tears, screaming and fighting quickly became the scene of the bathroom. It was then that I broke the cycle and tried to flush them out of there as quickly as possible. Wandering how Kurt could possibly still be sleeping while all this chaos was going on really sent me over the top.

Trying to calm the beasts, and get ready all at the same time so I could be on time to conduct turned me into the SHE-DEVIL. My eyes turned red, smoke began to shoot out from my ears, and words that shouldn't have left my mouth did. Not only were my boys not co-operating, I still wasn't ready, and Kurt was no where to be found. It was official, if I didn't walk out the door right then, I was going to be late.

Madder than a hornet, I come flying out of the bathroom to go get dressed and there sat Kurt, casually eating breakfast. I was so mad, I blurted something out along the lines of don't talk............so ticked............(made a huffing noise and shot more smoke out my ears) and proceeded downstairs to get dressed.

It was then that shoes I was going wear were no where to be found. It was also then that if you didn't believe that I was the SHE-DEVIL you did now. Kurt calmly came down and said, "I'll find your shoes." And he did. And I stormed out of the house fuming because I was now 6 minutes late and for sure, someone else had to conduct.

I walked as fast as my feet would carry me across the icy snow covered sidewalk. Once inside the building, I made a b-line for the primary room, only to find that there are no kids???? Just the Bishop and the Primary President.???? I'm confused. "Where is everyone, " I ask? They reply, "No one is here yet, church doesn't start for another 25 minutes. You are early. Why can't more people be like you and be early to church?" OH MY GOSH! I wanted to cry. I had the absolute worst morning E-V-E-R, I was mad at Kurt, and I turned into the SHE-DEVIL for no reason! What was I thinking? Church started at 9 a.m., not 8:30.....

4 comments:

Rochelle said...

You make me laugh. Well, think of it this way: you probably just scored some major points with the Bishop. Way to go! Maybe you'll be the next Relief Society president. Hee hee.

Brittney said...

OOPS! I hate it when I'm a SHE-DEVIL too. It happens to the best of us : )

Kris said...

I love that you've turned in to a She-Devil for no reason it makes me feel better because I think I do it too often. Usually it's that I blame Eden for some thing and get so mad and then come to find out it wasn't her, then I totally feel so bad. But we're human and we make mistakes too, but that is hard to tell to a 4 year old drama queen. At least you were early :)

emily b. said...

That's funny- don't worry, you're a good mom and wife and it makes a good story for everyone to laugh at in a few years. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...