Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Rexburg Town Weekend

This last weekend we headed to Rexburg. The weekend was filled with cousin time, pumpkin carving, steak dinners, and of course crazy cold/rainy weather. On Saturday, Kurt helped Andrew and Hannah move while I went with Krista to do a card class at her Super Saturday. It was there that I discovered that I have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. I haven't gone to a dr. to get it checked out, but I am pretty sure that CTS is what I have. My wrist has been bothering me for a good two weeks, but it was really hurting on Saturday. They say that you are supposed to rest your wrist/hand for 2 weeks and wear a wrist guard. I don't know if it's completely possible for me to rest my wrist for 2 weeks, but I did borrow a wrist guard from a friend and am wearing it. I can't let this story go untold without painting a picture of how bad I've gotten teased. By whom.....Kurt of course. "Looks like Stampy McStamperson has been stamping a little too much." "My name is Stampy Stamperson, and I stamp, until I break my wrist." (singing this all while doing the STUPID stamp dance) It's relentless!


This is my awesome SIL Stampin' it up!
The carpal tunnel is a narrow passageway of ligament and bones at the base of your hand. It contains nerve and tendons. Sometimes, thickening from irritated tendons or other swelling narrows the tunnel and causes the nerve to be compressed. Symptoms usually start gradually. As they worsen, grasping objects can become difficult.



Isaac and Owen always love going to Rexburg to play with their cousins and Aunties and Uncles. We are so blessed to have wonderful families that live close so that we can visit often. We love coming "Home" to our Rexburg Town. To the crisp cool air, the smell of brownies cooking in the oven, and kids running wild.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...