Tuesday, June 19, 2007

A not so belated father's day

Since we were stuck driving in the car all day Sunday, we really didn't get to celebrate father's day appropriately. I figured that listening to Gavin torment Isaac, and hearing Owen's cries of endless jabs from Isaac all while listening to Jonny Cash, didn't deem itself a proper father's day. So, I declared that we were celebrating Father's Day a day late. The boy's helped me make a surprise dinner for Kurt. And they even set the table and helped cleaned up. Then we devoured a carton of chocolate ice cream, and topped off the evening watching a flick-Nacho Libre'. A great night!

I know everyone says that their husband is the best. Well, Kurt is the best husband for me and the best father for our kids. He is truly is a champ and a hero! He is a stand up guy, who makes you want to be a better person. The boys love him, and copy and admire everything he does. He is fun to be around and is always making us laugh. There is never a dull moment at our house. We love him and all that he does for our family. So on this not so belated Father's Day, just know that I love my Kurt!

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

Truer words were never spoken. Never a dull moment when Kurt is around,
You'll be crying from laughing till you hit the ground.
Definitely one of the people in my top five,
I'm bursting with happiness to know you guys!!!!
(I just made this up...Kurtie Likie?)

The Clark said...

i don't mean to dominate the comments section of your blog, but i just had to throw in props on this post too. i've observed kurt as a father & husband & i think he is super groovy. i have a ton of respect for you kurt. you are such an achiever, you remind me of what ben harper says "i'll rise, i'll rise, i'll rise"

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...