Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Treat

I have to make an Easter treat for our entire primary tomorrow. I decided to go with this quick and easy recipe.
Easter nests:
1 package chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 12 0z. package chow mein noodles
Chocolate covered candy eggs

Melt chocolate chips in microwave stiring them every minute. Just cook them enough to melt the chocolate.
Stir in peanut butter
Stir in noodles
Using 1/4 measuing cup, drop onto wax paper. Use a spoon to "shape" the middle of the nest. Add candy eggs, put in fridge to harden.
Makes about 24 nests.

In retrospect: these are probably the worst treat that I could have made. Chocolate-for sure gonna melt in a little kids hands. Mom's gonna love that one. And I used peanut butter. I'm sure some kid out there will have an allergic reaction.

While the idea is cute, I probably shouldda stuck with a sugar cookie or something. Hopefully this won't result in a release from my calling.



2 comments:

Rochelle said...

they look yummy at least! this is probably a better idea than no bake cookies. just hand out some wipes and you are golden!

Clinton and Jessica said...

I did those with my girls in activity days last Easter and they LOVED it....yummy too!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...